If you are dissatisfied with your smile’s appearance, you are not alone. An increasing number of patients are turning to cosmetic dentistry to upgrade their natural smiles, whether they need to enhance the shade, condition or alignment of their teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on giving you the most beautiful smile possible, using a range of treatments that can be offered individually or combined into a smile makeover. Give your self-esteem a boost by exploring this treatment option so that you can smile with confidence again.
Common Aesthetic Flaws in The Smile
A beautiful smile features teeth that are bright, white, in good condition and properly aligned. Anything deviating from those norms can make your smile seem less attractive, such as:
- Stains or other discolorations
- Damaged teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Dark metal fillings
Fortunately, multiple interventions can help patients correct these flaws.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help
Depending on your specific needs, the following cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you achieve your smile goals. Your cosmetic dentist can provide more information on the specifics of each intervention.
- Teeth whitening: Bleaching agents are applied to the teeth in order to leave them 8-10 shades whiter.
- Tooth-colored composite fillings: Replace dark, unsightly metal fillings with ones that are tooth-colored and blend in with the rest of your smile.
- Dental bonding: Composite materials are used to repair minor areas of damage in this treatment that typically is completed in a single appointment.
- Porcelain veneers: Tooth-shaped porcelain shells are bonded to the teeth to conceal a variety of defects.
Putting It All Together: The Smile Makeover Treatment Process
A smile makeover begins at your initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist. At this appointment, we will assess your case and discuss your treatment goals with you. This process may involve our staff taking photos, x-rays or dental impressions as needed.
All of the information gathered at your evaluation is used to develop the treatment plan, including selecting the most appropriate treatments for your case and the sequencing of those treatments. Some treatments must precede the others to achieve the desired outcomes.
We will work closely with you to make sure that you have all of the information that you need and know what to expect from each step in the treatment process, as well as the anticipated treatment timeline.
To learn more about how you can benefit from a smile makeover, schedule a no-obligation consultation with our team. Call the office of Dr. David Kuban today to get one step closer to the smile of your dreams.