Many patients are dissatisfied with the way their smile looks for any number of reasons. Maybe the teeth are discolored or crooked or damaged. Fortunately, a cosmetic dentist can make drastic improvements to your smile’s appearance with a smile makeover that can combine multiple treatments to address your concerns.
What makes a smile beautiful?
A beautiful smile has certain characteristics, including:
- Appealing white and bright shade
- Teeth in good condition
- Properly aligned teeth
- Teeth that are proportionate in size
If your smile is lacking in any of these areas, it may be unpleasing aesthetically. Cosmetic interventions can help.
Cosmetic Treatments Used In Smile Makeovers
Your cosmetic dentist may use any of the following treatments to improve your smile’s appearance:
- Teeth whitening treatments: Applying bleaching agents to the teeth can leave them 8-10 shades whiter.
- Porcelain veneers: Thin, tooth-shaped shells are bonded atop the teeth to hide flaws like chips, cracks and stains.
- Dental bonding: For minor imperfections, dental bonding can correct the issue in a single appointment.
- Composite fillings: Tooth-colored fillings can be used to replace older metal ones that detract from the smile’s appearance.
Developing The Plan For Your Smile Makeover
Your smile makeover begins with a consultation, at which the dentist will gather information and discuss your treatment goals with you. This consultation will determine the types of treatments that are recommended as part of your smile makeover.
Keep in mind that the proper sequencing of treatments is important. For example, the materials used in restorations like veneers or bonding do not respond to teeth whitening treatments. Therefore, you should undergo teeth whitening before getting restorations so that all of the shades match up.
You should also talk to your dentist about maintenance treatments to preserve your results. This is particularly important for teeth whitening treatments, which have temporary results.
A smile makeover can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. To learn about the results that may be possible in your case, call the office of Dr. David Kuban to schedule an evaluation.